Honestly, my parents want me to take up nursing because of the big money I could get from that profession and it’s in demand to the other country. But because of the fact that I’m afraid in blood and I don’t want to see people dying in Emergency Room, I did not follow my parents.
In our colloquium last March 15, Mrs. Michelle Valdevieso shared her experienced working in the field of Medicine. A Medical Technologist has a great responsibility in maintaining the life of a patient. According to her, mislabeling is the mortal sin in their profession. They avoid in committing mistake such mislabeling because it might danger the health of the patient. They make sure that they will give the result to the right person. In their profession, shortcut method is not allow, they undergo in step by step process. The life of the patient will depend on the results of their observation.
The following are the roles of a Medical Technologist:
Blood collection
Examine and analyze body fluids and cells
Examine clinical content of fluids
Match blood for transfusion
Test for drug levels in urine and sometimes in blood
Count cells and look for abnormal cells in peripheral blood smears
Analyze the results
Correlate them and if necessary repeat the test
In our colloquium last March 15, Mrs. Michelle Valdevieso shared her experienced working in the field of Medicine. A Medical Technologist has a great responsibility in maintaining the life of a patient. According to her, mislabeling is the mortal sin in their profession. They avoid in committing mistake such mislabeling because it might danger the health of the patient. They make sure that they will give the result to the right person. In their profession, shortcut method is not allow, they undergo in step by step process. The life of the patient will depend on the results of their observation.
The following are the roles of a Medical Technologist:
Blood collection
Examine and analyze body fluids and cells
Examine clinical content of fluids
Match blood for transfusion
Test for drug levels in urine and sometimes in blood
Count cells and look for abnormal cells in peripheral blood smears
Analyze the results
Correlate them and if necessary repeat the test
1 comment:
Hello Almex. Regarding your article I really think that what you're saying is true, having a profession in the medical field is not easy. like you I have been told by my father to take up nursing but I never did, because like you again I’m afraid of blood and definitely I’m afraid of death. I freak out easily, I mean who wouldn't right. One mistake and your patient’s dead. Nursing students are really very hard working imagining all those tests they have to pass before making it in becoming a registered nurse. Unlike us we can find jobs that are related to our course no need for any kind of examination to pass. I think we should acknowledge the people in the medical profession they are not only rich but they have a lot of guts to be where they are right now. Saving people's lives is not easy and neither is studying their profession. hehe ;) they deserve all the credit.
Post a Comment